Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What a Trip!

Okay, so these pictures are kind of random.  I got a hold of my dad's camera and took some of the pictures off of it.  These pictures are of the last few months.  A lot happened so I will just briefly give a discription.  So the Cabin pictures are from January, my dad, Zach, Wade, and Adrian went to our cabin in Navajo to remove the snow off of the roof.  As you can tell there was a lot of it!  It took them all day to clear it off and when they got home they were all exhausted.  Glad I didn't go on this trip! 
Lilah

The Cabin


This little bundle of joy is the newest addition to the family, JaCoy and Ben's that is.  Her name is Amilia Jane and she is sooo cute and fun.  She looks just like her siblings did when they were babies, so she is sure to be gorgeous. 
Baby Milli


When we were up in Salt Lake for Taytum's Polypectomy, Zach was in town for Brooke's Wedding.  We went to La Frontera, my dad had been raving about it for a few months so we decided to give it a try and we weren't disappointed.  It was great food and a very interesting environment.  
Uncle Zach

Taytum in Lilah's bed. 

The Reception was pretty stressful.  Brooke wanted the ceiling dropped and unfortunately it didn't go as smoothly as planned.  But in the end, it all worked out and everyone helped a ton.  It turned out beautiful.

"The Reception"

These pictures are from Brooke's wedding day at the temple and also at the reception.  I think I was about 25 weeks pregnant at this point, so not the ideal picture taking body.  But I think everyone else looks great!

Brooke's sister's and in-laws

That's my girl!  Showing a little leg!

Jarrett gettin his groove on at Brooke's Wedding.
So there is a quick recap of our past few months.  Well March 13th I dropped Zach off at the airport for Florida and I headed home to Cedar!  It took us 11 hours to get there but was well worth it.  We spent two weeks in Utah and had a great time!  We went to the twins, and Spencer's basedball tourney in St. George.  Taytum ate a lot of dirt and sunflower seeds!  Then the Vernon's had Geoff and Patty, Dave and Britt, and Cara and her kids.  So we spent a lot of time up there playing with cousins.  Taytum had a great time!  Also we can't forget it is my favorite time of year, MARCH MADNESS!  I seriously love this time of year, even more than any holiday!  Call me crazy, but the drama, excitement, and upsets just have me counting down the days until March Madness begins!  BYU went to the sweet sixteen this year, although they are not my team, it was fun to watch Jimmer Fredette become a superstar, and one of my old friends Logan playing on such a big stage!  Anyway back to the trip!  It was my dad's birthday, he wouldn't tell me how old he is, and we had a picnic in St. George.  McKell and Ben, JaCoy and Ben, Wade and Sarah, Grandma Barbara and Mike, John and Claude, and myself were there.  It was a lot of fun to have everyone together!  So the following week my mom and I went to Las Vegas to see JaCoy and get some sun.  Unfortunately it wasn't too sunny but it was better than the snow.  Thursday we drove home and Friday we picked Zach up from the airport. 
Zach's trip was not quite as good as mine was.  He got an ear infection on day 2 of his trip, which eventually led to pneumonia!  When I picked him up on Friday, I had never seen anyone look so sick!  I felt horrible for not realizing how sick he had been.  He had to go to the ER and get an IV and then get on antibiotics.  So the next few days I tried to be the best nurse I could, and of course Taytum started throwing up Friday night!  It was an exhausting weekend for all of us.  I didn't think that at 31 weeks into my pregnancy I would be the healthiest and most comfortable one in the family!  Thank goodness both of them have made miraculous recoveries and we are all doing much better! 
I went to the doctor for the first time in 10 weeks, and I have to get another ultrasound because the baby wasn't very big at the first one.  So hopefully she is okay!  I think we are going to name her Finley, but we still aren't a 100% sure.  Anyhow, that is what's going on here in Thornton Colorado!  As my Grandpa Rowan would always say, "Life is a continual round of pleasure!" 

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Love the post, you should do it more often!! Sounds like things are good! Can't wait to see little Finley! Also, I need a belly picure. I bet were the same size hahah! Hope all is well!

Wilsons said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great! Taytum is ADORABLE! Bodie and I definitely have some catching up to do...no kids yet! haha When I heard you were living in Colorado I was so surprised! I remember you saying that Zach would never leave Cedar City, not even to St George haha...funny. Well tell Zach hello for us. See ya!